Tuesday, June 21, 2022

OPERATION IVY - December 31st, 1987 @ 924 Gilman St, Berkeley, CA [AUDIENCE]

Here's a killer one that I got not from someone around here in the bay area, but off an east coaster in a lot of old live tapes and demos that I won on eBay. I was particularly stoked to hear this one, hoping for a tape copy of the soundboard, which I have heard but it's on a DVD, edited into the footage from that night.  I'd love a lossless copy but honestly, it didn't sound good.  The guitars were far too low, as normal for some of those kinds of tapes.  So instead of a soundboard, to my surprise this is an audience recording.  Given the problems with Gilman soundboards that I just mentioned, I always appreciate any recordings anyone had the foresight to make from out in the crowd, hell yeah.  Sadly it's just the Op Ivy set and not the others.  And I have no gen or taper info so I'm not sure if this taper recorded the other bands or not.  Still I'm happy that this exists and that I can share it with ya'll, enjoy!  Killer and fun performance, check that setlist!   - DH


OPERATION IVY - December 31st, 1987 @ 924 Gilman St, Berkeley, CA

Setlist:

I Got No

Sleep Long

Here We Go Again

Hangin' Out

Officer

Plea For Peace

Junkie's Runnin' Dry

Yellin' In My Ear

Hoboken

Bombshell

Wild Thing (Chip Taylor teaser)

Start Me Up (Rolling Stones teaser)

Hedgecore

Trouble Bound (The Blasters cover)

Wild Thing (Chip Taylor teaser)

Healthy Body

More Than Our Share


Additional info:

 - Audience recording

 - Transferred by DH

=====================

DOWNLOAD AUDIO HERE

=====================

YOUTUBE




==========================================


No comments:

Post a Comment