Tuesday, January 18, 2022

WIND OF CHANGE - 1987 Demo [DEMO]

I like this demo, but probably not in the way or for the reasons it was intended.  This demo, is from WIND OF CHANGE, apparently it's Youth Under Control after a name change.  I remember liking Youth Under Control, I think I've posted a demo from them or if I haven't yet, it's in the pipeline.  This demo is bad.  I said I liked it, but I like it because it's so bad. Youth Under Control was faster straightedge hardcore, but this is slower and more melodic. I have nothing against the slower and melodic hardcore bands from this time period. However, these guys were much, much better at faster angry hardcore then what they were trying to do here. The attempt cracks me up though, so I throw it on every so often when I want to enjoy something so bad that it becomes entertaining again.  But damn, what are the lyrics about?  Were they still straightedge?  Because these titles could be kinda Jesus-y, that's a beef I sometimes have with straightedge bands.  I just can't tell.

So as much as I bag on this, it's very possible that I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about and that my opinion is wrong and hot garbage.  So because of that possibility, and because it's next in the queue, I digitized and uploaded.  It's fully possible that there are folks that might dig to hear this, I have no idea.  If those people exist, I hope they find this and enjoy it.  - DH


 WIND OF CHANGE - 1987 Demo

01. Searching

02. True To You

03. I've Seen The Change

04. Calling Out

Lineage : ANA(M) > WAV > FLAC / MP3 / MP4

Equipment : Nakamichi CR7A > Focusrite Scarlett 816 > Izotope Rx8 > FCPX > MediaHuman

Transferred by : DH

=====================

DOWNLOAD

FLAC

MP3

=====================

YOUTUBE





==========================================


No comments:

Post a Comment