Monday, May 9, 2022

THE END (Rochester, NY) - Unreleased 1998 Demo

Today's post is from a punk band I was really into from my hometown of Rochester, NY, called THE END.  I know, there are a few bands with the name, so this is the punk band from NY to be clear.  I have a California band with the same name posting in the future, they are not the same band!  


So as I wrote, I was really into this band.  They were new-ish when I was starting my first band, I'd seen them a few times and then my band played our first show together with them.  Their bass player wound up leaving not long after that show, I think he may have done a 180 and joined the military.  So they needed a bass player.  Somehow I, not a bass player at all with no bass gear, volunteered myself.  Their guitar player Pat brought a bass over, showed me the set, and I sat up all night on mushrooms practicing the entire time.  The next day, and without any sleep at all, I played my first show with them.  I played with them for the spring and summer, and eventually left to focus on my own band, and they carried on with someone else.  I think they had a few bass players over the years, but the core of the band always remained the same.  


So in my brief time with them, I did write a couple songs, and we went and did a 4 track recording with Chris Dalcin in their practice space.  We never did anything with it though, it was never released, and there may have only ever been 2 or 3 copies on tape at the time, just for us in the band.  I came across it and thought it would be fun to digitize and share, sorry I don't remember the song titles.    - DH


THE END (Rochester, NY)   - Unreleased 1998 Demo

Tracklist:

[unknown]


Additional info:

 - Azimuth adjusted

 - Transferred by DH

=====================

DOWNLOAD AUDIO HERE

=====================

YOUTUBE





==========================================


No comments:

Post a Comment