Thursday, April 20, 2023

SUBVERT - January 2nd, 1988 @ 924 Gilman St, Berkeley, CA [AUDIENCE]

 Today's offering is from SUBVERT, a punk band from the Pacific Northwest.  I know nothing about them, though I feel like I've seen their name on fliers and seen them get mentioned favorably on the ol social medias.   Here's a noisy raw audience recording of them opening for Neurosis and Final Conflict at 924 Gilman St in January of 1988.  Glad someone recorded this, as I hadn't come across any other Subvert live recordings yet.  It's an audience recording too, which is a nice change from Gilman soundboards I often post, which have mixes that clearly were not made for the tapes and can be a challenging listen.  Though this recording does have moment early one when it's interrupted by a young Steve Von Till yelling into the recorder.  It's a bit funny that this is before Steve was in Neurosis too, just him chillin at a Subvert / Neurosis show as a fan.  Anyhoo, hope ya dig this as much as I do!   - DH



SUBVERT - January 2nd, 1988 @ 924 Gilman St, Berkeley, CA

Setlist:

???














No comments:

Post a Comment