Friday, April 28, 2023

BLACK FLAG - July 23rd, 1982 @ The On Broadway, San Francisco, CA [FM AUDIO]

 Not sure why this BLACK FLAG live set from The On Broadway isn't on Youtube, so I'm correcting that today.  Not sure what the deal is with this, I'm surprised it doesn't have an official release.  I see bootlegs on discogs and ebay though.  Here's to jamming it for free!


So this is a mighty, mighty set.  Perhaps my favorite Black Flag set, the one that if I had a time machine but could only pick one Black Flag show, would be the one.  Chuck Biscuits is on drums and that dude is just such a great drummer, he kills these songs. Rollins is intense, and everybody seems to play great, though I guess the guitar amp does choose to be uncooperative for a moment there.  It's just a friendly reminder that this is indeed live music, and so there will be chaos and catastrophe hand in hand with all the sweat and anger.  Sounds like this was recorded by one of the local stations so the sound is badass, though I did come in with a quick and hot EQ job to boost the thing up a bit more, now it's even badassier.  Be a cool person and play this loud, ideally with your preferred strain of marijuana and some coffee.  That's what I'm doing!   - DH


BLACK FLAG - July 23rd, 1982 @ The On Broadway, San Francisco, CA  

Setlist:

No Martyrs

I've Heard It Before

Room 13

Depression

Can't Decide

Nervous Breakdown

Jealous Again

Scream

Six Pack

No Values

I've Had It

My Life (Damaged)

I've Got To Run

My Rules

Modern Man

Beat My Head Against The Wall

Fix Me

Rise Above

TV Party

Wasted

Revenge










No comments:

Post a Comment