Monday, February 13, 2023

COLERA - 1982 Demo

    Today's post is an old raw demo recording from the Brazilian punk band COLERA.  I was never familiar with them, despite them being active since 1979.  Until I got this tape at least.  I have no info on the source of this tape, it's just a dub on a tape featuring old South American punk demos.  There is a handwritten J-card with song titles, I apologize for any spelling errors, I'm just copying them as they appear on the J-card.  Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about anything, or to add any additional info about this recording.

   This is pretty killer though, if you like old, raw punk.  No fancy studio wizardry here, no drawn out songs either, just energetic and to the point punk.  Despite being unfamiliar with the band, I really dig this demo.  Perhaps I'll get around to checking out more of their discography.  For now this recording is hitting the spots, so I keep it in rotation, even though I have no idea what's being said in the lyrics.  Sometimes that's beauty of non-English bands, for me at least.  Can't judge their lyrical content, just gotta enjoy the emotion and mood of the vocals, and the music itself.  Sometimes, that's fine by me.   - DH


COLERA

1982 Demo

1. Viralatas

2. De o Fora

3. Volume

4. Jane

5. Palpebrite

6. Sistema Odiaver

7.  Quanto Vale A Liberide

8. Anjos Do Beco

9. Em Setembro

10. Rebeldes

11. Comp

12. Violar Suajleis

13. Bar

14. Chance

15. Senbar



====================





==================== 


No comments:

Post a Comment