Wednesday, February 22, 2023

NO FOR AN ANSWER - March 27th, 1988 @ 924 Gilman St, Berkeley, CA [SOUNDBOARD]

 Dang, NO FOR AN ANSWER is suuuuuuper straightedge.  Or were.  Maybe they still are.  I dunno, but they really were going hard for it back in the 80's.  I've never seen them live but I have a few live video and audio recordings and these guys were always sxe to the point of it being silly.  I know they are striving to be really true and earnest and sincere and all that, and maybe I'm just a dumb pothead, but in every live clip I've seen they had the goofiest straight edge stage banter.  This set has a couple great examples that just makes my skeleton want to jump out of my skin and run away.  Their 'anti casual sex, anti abortion, etc" song, and their weird and fawning monologue before their Agnostic Front cover finale (spoiler alert).  It's just too much.  And yet I can't help but smoke weed and play this stuff loud.  I'm a complicated person I suppose.  If you are too, crank this, smoke up, and have a laugh along with me.   - DH


NO FOR AN ANSWER - March 27th, 1988 @ 924 Gilman St, Berkeley, CA

Setlist:

?


Additional info:

 - Soundboard recording

 - Transferred by DH


====================





====================




No comments:

Post a Comment