Saturday, March 18, 2023

GODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR - October 3rd, 1999 @ Cat's Cradle, Carrboro, NC [AUDIENCE]

 GODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR is a band I rarely I have time to slow down enough to fully listen to, though when I have those rare times I really appreciate it.  I've been sitting on this again waiting for a day when I have time to sit and relisten to it fully, but as a parent to an active young child, I might as well be waiting for a unicorn to drop out of the sky armed with a bag of rare tapes and a giant bag of weed.  So it's going up as I get my kid ready for a full day of activities starting with kickboxing in an hour.  I'll listen to them as I get ready and pretend it's actually going to be a calm, quiet day.  


About this tape, it came from a lot I bought off ebay, which was mainly old hardcore and punk live tapes and demos, and then a handful of North Carolina recordings, many labeled with a "master" sticker.  This one wasn't, so maybe it's not a master, or maybe the taper just forgot or didn't have the sticker.  Or maybe it's just a low gen copy.  Either way, it's GY!BE and it's from 1999 and it sounds pretty decent for an audience recording.  Thanks to whoever taped this.  Setlist is taken from setlist.fm so apologies if it's incorrect.  Now on to that kickboxing!   - DH


GODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR - October 3rd, 1999 @ Cat's Cradle, Carrboro, NC

Setlist:

Broken Windows, Locks Of Love Pt III

Monheim

Moya

Gathering Storm

Dead Metheny

She Dreamt She Was A Bulldozer...

BBF3


Additional info:

 - Audience recording

 - Transferred by DH


===================







===================




No comments:

Post a Comment