Monday, March 27, 2023

MINDROT - Live In The Studio Demo #4, February 2nd, 1993

 MINDROT!  I enjoy the early years of this band, as well as their later output.  This tape sits right about in the middle.  It's a demo for material that would wind up on their Relapse LP, "Dawning", but this is obviously far more raw, and also is from an earlier lineup in the band, as Mauz is still playing guitar with them.  At least, I assume that since the tape originated with him, which he sent to Chris Dodge before winding up in my possession nearly 3 decades later.  Now, I'm not super familiar with their Relapse stuff, I own it, and have listened to it numerous times over the years, just not enough to pick up on how this tape compares to the record.  Were there any substantial changes to thee songs?  Did some get cut or replaced?  I have no idea, but if anyone has any insight, let me know.  Perhaps I'll hear from Dan Kaufman about this and can edit any info back in this post.  For now, play loud and get sad.   - DH


MINDROT - Live in the Studio Demo #4, February 2nd, 1993

Tracklisting:

Dawning

Anguish

Untitled #1

Barren

Withersoul

Untitled #2

Era (w/o vocals)



Additional info:

 - Transferred by DH


====================








====================




No comments:

Post a Comment