Thursday, March 23, 2023

MINUTEMEN - May 22nd, 1982 @ Wilson Park, Torrance, CA [AUDIENCE]

 MINUTEMEN were a powerhouse, a punk band that needs no introduction.  With their song compositions, their talent, their lyrics, they are a band I feel smarter when I listen to them.  I love pounding, visceral hardcore that just hits that primal anger and energy, but Minutemen were the kind of band that just lights some other part of me on fire, while still being punk as fuck too.  This is yet another band that I wish I was old enough and more in touch to have seen live, and I'm envious of those that did get to see them over the course of their run.  I am also grateful to be able to spend a little time with them via these tapes, and thanks to those who spent their time and energy recording them and preserving this stuff.  


   So in regards to this specific show, I have no info on it other than what's on the flyer, an outdoor show with Red Cross and some others I haven't heard of before.  It's an audience tape, and sounds fairly decent.  This is a straight rip, I didn't do any EQ'ing, just some volume adjustment.   I don't know the setlist, but if someone posts it I'll be sure to edit into this post.  Cheers!   - DH



MINUTEMEN - May 22nd, 1982 @ Wilson Park, Torrance, CA

Setlist:

???



Additional info:

 - Audience recording

 - Transferred by DH



====================






====================




1 comment:

  1. i posted link to setlist on youtube but heres some pics
    https://www.facebook.com/AlisonBraunPhotography/posts/4104212612960459/?paipv=0&eav=AfarO3E4foMa9ChqDJ5qxKY4YdvBkw6Cm2KJ1gtaH56sF_kRD7neDCUKAmy7NTaJeiM&_rdr

    ReplyDelete