Friday, February 25, 2022

ANIMALS AS LEADERS - July 18th, 2011 @ Mohawk Place, Buffalo, NY [AUDIENCE AUDIO]

This one is a bit out of my wheelhouse but that's ok.  It's good to shake things up.  So in 2011 I was asked by my friends in Intronaut to come out and help out on merch for this upcoming tour they were doing as direct support for ANIMALS AS LEADERS.  I'd been mildly familiar with them in that I'd heard a song or two but had never heard their album.  But who cares, it's Intronaut and they are the homies so of course I'd go.  Animals As Leaders won me over though I'm not one to get into bands they might otherwise be associated with.  Still, I play guitar and had to be amazed at their level of musicianship and their ability to write memorable songs, the two don't always go hand in hand.  They were nice guys too, and smoked a LOT of pot, and if you know me you know that gets me right in the heart.  So I had a little Zoom recorder with me for shits and giggles, and every so often I'd remember to set it up somewhere out of the way and hit record.  This is one of those times. 

Animals As Leaders were out on their first headlining tour, and it was a blast, but damn was it hot!  There was a heatwave following the tour around the entire midwest and east coast.  It was moving as fast as we were.  A lot of these shows were sold out and packed, and I found out many of these venues have very little air circulation.  So it was a sweaty, dripping, moist bunch of folks for an entire month. My memory of Buffalo was that it was so fucking HOT, like every other damn day was.  Sweat coming off the ceilings, all that kind of shit.  How any of these bands could get up on a stage and under the lights, where it was likely 5 to 10 degrees hotter, and then play this stuff!  Fuck me, I'd give up.  I'd start a drone band.  And that's why you are hearing a set from these guys and not from me.  So yeah, hats off to these guys for doing it, and doing it high.  It was fun to be out with everyone sweating half our body weight away.  - DH


ANIMALS AS LEADERS - July 18th, 2011 @ Mohawk Place, Buffalo, NY   

01. Point To Point

02. Wave Of Babies

03. Song Of Solomon

04. Tempting Time

05. [Guitar Solo]

06. Isolated Incidents

07. On Impulse

08. Modern Meat

09. Thoroughly At Home

10. CAFO

Source : AUD

Lineage : WAV > FLAC / MP3 / MP4

Equipment : Zoom HQ > FCPX > MediaHuman

Recorded by : DH

Transferred by : DH

=====================

DOWNLOAD

FLAC

MP3

=====================

YOUTUBE





==========================================


No comments:

Post a Comment