Saturday, April 9, 2022

PIGMASTER - March 22nd, 1996 @ Water Street Music Hall, Rochester, NY [SOUNDBOARD]

This is another one for my Rochester, NY homies.  PIGMASTER was a very fun but short lived band from Rochester, NY.  They often times had some of the most ridiculous and most humorous live sets that I was seeing among the locals of the time, hell, even compared to the touring bands.  They just didn't take themselves seriously and I loved it.  Everyone was super grim and pissed and played metal and metal only and Pigmaster kinda shook things up for a couple years.  So here's a set I recorded from the soundboard at the Water Street Music Hall.  The soundguy missed a song or two in the beginning, and one at the end, but he still caught some gold.  This was a show with fellow Rochester bands Bughouse (who headlined) and Windbreed (who opened).  I also included an "encore" that all three bands did with an improv I've titled "Rockin' In Rochester".  It's dumb, but it ruled, and it's fun to listen to.  If you dare to be stupid, or are interested in Rochester bands, then perhaps you'll enjoy this.   - DH


PIGMASTER - March 22nd, 1996 @ Water Street Music Hall, Rochester, NY

Setlist:

Barry's Diner (cuts in)

Fuk Kitchen / Sweet Home Alabama

City Of Pigs

Al Beaman's A Jew

Booze For X-Mas

Mi Scapa La Pipi

Gas

 - encore - 

Rockin In Rochester Improv (with Bughouse & Windbreed)


Additional Info:

 - incomplete soundboard recording

 - Azimuth adjusted

 - Transferred by DH

=====================

DOWNLOAD AUDIO HERE

=====================

YOUTUBE




==========================================


1 comment:

  1. I was at this show to see Bughouse who's lead singer was the older brother of a guy I knew. I remember going there and someone telling me how skinny the lead singer of Pigmaster was, boy was he right. He took his shirt off at that show and he was the skinniest guy I've ever seen even to this day. Just like you said, the scene in Rochester was heavy, no frills in your face metal. I remember being in the pit and just hating that band as it was completely different from what I was expecting and there for. I do remember the encore when they all played together.

    Side note, I came to this site off your Misfits 1st show on YouTube and couldn’t believe when I saw Pigmaster on the left hand side. Unreal to hear a show and then remember something I would have never thought of again. We had no idea how good we had it back then, at all.

    ReplyDelete