Wednesday, March 9, 2022

DRAIN THE SKY - December 29th, 2006 @ 924 Gilman St, Berkeley, CA [SOUNDBOARD]

You may have never heard of this band here, but personally I am extremely excited to have a DRAIN THE SKY show in this quality.  I have a couple other sets from them, but nothing touches this one.  I'll still post them eventually though, because this band is killer.  So who are they?  This is a band from Oakland featuring Carl Auge, formerly of His Hero Is Gone.  He was living out here for a few years and had a few great bands, I Love A Parade, Drain The Sky, and he released the Dimlaia record while out here as well I believe.  If you like the gloomier side of HHIG, and missed it when the rest of the band went for a more for a hardcore vibe in Tragedy, then you can fill up on that mood with this recording.  Drain The Sky had an EP on Life Is Abuse, and I know the Dimlaia was released on vinyl, track them down, it's worth it.  As far as I Love A Parade, if anyone has something, please share, I have no audio or video at all.  

So anyhoo, I'm stoned and rambling, but here is another set from the 20th anniversary of 924 Gilman St.  I believe this was multitracked and mixed, but I only had a CDR of a mixed version.  The songs were out of order, so I did try to puzzle it back together, hopefully I got it right but I'm sure there's a mistake or two.  Not that it really matters or affects anything, it's still a rad listen.  OK, nobody should be reading any of this, ya'll should just be checking out the band, so I'm gonna stop typing now and get some coffee.  Later.   - DH


 DRAIN THE SKY - December 29th, 2006 @ 924 Gilman St, Berkeley, CA   

Setlist:

[unknown]


Notes:

Gilman 20th Anniversary show

Prepared by DH

=====================

DOWNLOAD AUDIO HERE

=====================

YOUTUBE





==========================================


No comments:

Post a Comment